The Video Grabber is designed to download video files referred or contained by a target URL page.
It uses the advanced extraction and filter engine to search the target URL page for video links by checking its a href tags.
Screencast: Video Grabber Presentation
Video Grabber Features
WiseLoop Web Video Grabber main features:
- smart video recognition (common web formats and extensions, locations: under a href links or by content-type);
- default native support for most common web movie extensions (wmv, mpg, mpg2, mpeg, mp4, flv, avi, mov, qt, rm, 3g2, 3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p2, lsf, lsx, asr, movie, asf, asx, bik, bix, bsf, divx, dv, dvr-ms, dvdmedia, evo, flc, flh, fli, m2v, m4v, mj2, mjp, mp21, ogm, ogv, scm, swf, vob, xvid, yuv);
- video search and identification by the HTML content-type response header: the grabbing engine is able to identify more than the obvious video resources having the most common video file extensions - it will find the videos that have no valid video extensions or no extensions at all; the identification is made by checking the server response header when pinging the tested media resource;
- video files extension filtering: only those videos having the specified extensions will be included in the grabbing results;
- media url name (filename) filtering: only those videos having or containing in their url names some specified strings will be included in the grabbing results;
- media size filtering: only those videos having the specified size (in bytes) will be included in the grabbing results;
- video count limiter: number of grabbed videos will be limited to a specified value;
- HTML area searching: the grabbing engine is able to search for movies only inside a designated HTML area specified by a tag; in this way you can skip grabbing from the start any unwanted movies by narrowing the full HTML target page to a smaller area consisting of a tag content; an incomplete tag (tag slice) can be specified also, the tag will auto complete depending on the contextual HTML content;
- fill the target URL (must start with http://);
- setup the filters (if needed);
- click "Grab Video".
After the URL is parsed, a notification will be shown near the "Grab Video" button that will also allow to browse through the new downloaded video files.
The Video Grabber Interface
- Please bear in mind that sites could use various methods for protecting themselves against scrapping; therefore it is possible that the grabbing procedure will return no results.
Please also consider that only video files having direct link will be downloaded; video streams provided by various sites (such as youtube, vimeo etc.) cannot not be detected and therefore they cannot be downloaded.
- WiseLoop takes no responsibility if the targeted url changes its tag structure or its HTML DOM tree, resulting in unexpected data retrieval;
Also, WiseLoop assumes no responsibility for any abusive use of this software product and/or violation of terms of usage of the target URL; the user always should check the terms and conditions of the target URL to verify that data grabbing is allowed.